Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Obey

The readings today teach us the importance of obeying God’s commandments.
The first reading shows Moses reminding the people not to forget God’s commandments, and teach them to their children. Following these commandments will make us closer to God. The gospel says that we should obey the commandments to be the greatest in God’s kingdom
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments
and teaches others to do so
will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven.
But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments
will be called greatest in the Kingdom of heaven

Why will we be the greatest in God’s kingdom if we obey and encourage others to do so? Because it means we give importance to God. It means we are humbling ourselves and acknowledging that God is God in our lives. Obeying his commandments is submitting to His will, not ours. This is what makes us the greatest, because we want to know Him more, we want to be more and more like him, because we want to serve him with our lives.
Do I obey God’s commandments? When, all the time, or just when it is convenient for me, or when I am being watched? Do I always obey his will, or only when I need something from Him? Do I easily forget the good he has done for me, and do things my way? Do I bring people to him and encourage them to follow and obey God’s commandments?
May we remember to humble ourselves and obey God’s commandments and his will, not ours, in our lives. As we do so, may we also bring other people to Him.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...