Saturday, March 31, 2012

Turning bad into good


The readings today show us how great God’s power and love is!

In the first reading, we see God’s great plan for the Israelites, how He wants to unite them all and bless them abundantly. The psalm shows us a prayer we should be saying in faith – that  God will guard us like a shepherd guards his flock. However, in the gospel, we see Caiaphas, the high priest, wanting to have Jesus killed. He wants the messiah killed. This is where we see God’s love and power.

The intention of Caiaphas was evil, but God turned it such that it resulted to something good. That’s how powerful and loving God is – he can turn man’s evil desires into something that will bring Him glory. His love for us is not affected by the evil desires of people. How blessed are we to have such God.

What is in my heart? Do I genuinely want to praise God, or do I want glory for myself? When times are tough, do I have faith that God will see me through, that he will keep his promises and guard me? Do I let bad things bring me down, or do I work to make them glorify God?

May we always remember that our God is powerful enough to turn an evil desire into something good, and loving enough not to give up on us easily.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...