Wednesday, March 21, 2012

He will never forget


The readings today, specifically the first reading, says that God will never forget us. What a beautiful reminder and assurance from God our Father

Can a mother forget her infant,
be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget,
I will never forget you.

We may not always feel God’s presence in our lives. Minsan, parang ang daming problema, minsan ang bigat na, minsan parang lagi nalang nananalo yung masasama. During these times, we may feel that God has abandoned us, or that God is busy doing something else or taking care of someone else. However, today’s first reading says otherwise. I will never forget you. Kahit na mahirap, kahit na mabigat ang dinadala natin, God is reminding us that He is there always, that he does not take his eyes off us. I believe sometimes God is just letting us grow. He wants to see how we handle things, and where we put him in our lives – kung sa kanya ba tayo lalapit sa mga ganitong pagkakataon, or sa iba.

As we are assured of God’s presence and his watchful eyes always looking after us, the gospel reminds us to do our part as well. Jesus said that: “I do not seek my own will, but the will of the one who sent me” We are reminded to seek God’s will, especially when it does not coincide with ours. It may not always be easy, but seeking and doing God’s equips us more, makes it easier to fight the battle, because we know we are doing what He wants.

Are there times that I feel God is not watching over me? When? Do I believe God as he tells me today that He will never forget him? What can I do to make his presence more alive in my life? What can I do to have more faith in his word?

May we always remember that God never forgets us.

God  bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...