Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hope in the Lord


The readings today encourage us to hope in the Lord. In the first reading, we see Queen Esther hoping and trusting in God to save them from their enemies. She acknowledges that she is helpless and that only God can save her.
The gospel tells us that God, our father, will give good things to those who ask Him. God is assuring us that he has the best intentions for us, that he will give us what we need as we serve Him. However, we should ask Him good things – things that are in tune with his plans for us. We are reminded to do unto others what we want others to do to us. In short, ask for good things for you and others – things that will bring God’s love into the lives of people, things that would magnify God’s glory.
In the psalm, David says that on the day he called for help, God answered him. Let us have faith in that. Let us put our hope in the Lord, as we serve Him, as we fight the battle.
What concerns do I have right now? Who do I call for help? Is God on my list of who I call for help? Do I have faith in God’s love and power, or is my relationship with him superficial? Do I believe God’s word and promises?
May we hope and have faith in God and his words and promises, today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...