Thursday, March 15, 2012

Harden not your hearts


The gospel today shows us Jesus’ stand. He is telling us that we are either with or against – no in between. Whoever is not with me is against me,and whoever does not gather with me scatters
Christ wants us to follow him wholeheartedly, if we don’t, it’s like not following him at all. In the first reading, we see the people not listening to God. They hardened their hearts and closed it such that God cannot enter anymore. This is what the people in the gospel were also doing. After driving out a demon, they accuse Jesus of being with Beelzebul, the prince of demons. Kahit nasa harap na nila, even if they witnessed God’s power and Jesus explained to them already, their hearts were closed. This is what the psalmist encourages us against. IF today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts” We are asked to listen and her God’s voice calling us, and are encouraged to allow him to be God in our lives.
If our hearts are closed, we are going against God. If we do not recognize him and believe in Him, we are not working with him, so in Jesus words, we are against him. IF we continue to harden our hearts and not listen to his voice in our lives, we might just find ourselves very far from him – because we do not want to follow him, because makulit tayo.
How often do I follow Jesus? What is my relationship with him? Do I see him working in my everyday life, or do I always ask for grand signs to prove his existence? Am I working for or against Christ?
May we always remember to work for Christ, and be sensitive enough to his ways. Let us allow ourselves to be changed and make Him God in our lives, and not be a hard headed person whose heart is far from Him.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...