Saturday, March 3, 2012

Be Perfect

The gospel today tells us to be perfect just as God is perfect. We are told to love our enemies, just as God makes the sun rise to both the good and the bad. Again, as we follow him, he wants us to be more and more like him. Hirap no? it’s hard to pray for your enemies, it’s hard to forgive your enemies, especially if they do not ask for forgiveness.. However, God is asking us to be like him, he expects us to be like him. Mahirap, pero sabi ni God, kayang gawin.
The first reading tells us that we should follow God’s commands. God will bless us as we follow his commands. I believe he will bless us not just because we obey him, but it’s also that as we obey and be more like him, we will slowly appreciate things God has been giving us, and we will slowly see all the blessings in our lives.  Indeed, blessed are those who follow God.
Tinamaan ba ako sa gospel? Is there anyone whom I need to forgive and pray for? Do I think I can do what God commands me to do, to love my enemies? Am I willing to try?
May we always remember that God wants us to be perfect, just as he is perfect.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...