Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I AM


The gospel today shows us Jesus telling that he is “I AM” What is I AM?  It may not be grammatically correct, but it signifies the name God gave to Moses. When God asked Moses to bring the people out of Egypt, he did not know who he was talking to. Back then, God did not have a name yet.  This was the name God gave to Moses – I AM (see exodus 3:14). This signifies that God is the eternal God, the one true God, the Supreme Being, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  This is who Jesus is telling us he is in today’s gospel.

If we truly believe in Jesus being God, being I AM, we should live it in our lives. We will die in our sins (of this world) if we do not believe and live out that He is God.  Believing in God does not necessarily mean that things will be easy. Yes, he has great plans for us (see Jeremiah 29:11), but it does not say that it will be easy, and we must also do our part. We see in Exodus 3 that God wanted to save his people, as he told and commissioned Moses.

However, we see in today’s first reading that the people were impatient to wait on God’s plans to come to fulfilment, and they were punished.  We too can relate to this. When we become impatient to wait for God’s perfect plan to come into fruition, we do not necessarily die of snake bites, but we do not get what is best for us. IF we cannot wait for the perfect partner God is preparing for us and rush into relationships, we will just end up getting hurt. If we cannot wait for God’s perfect plan to unfold in our lives, be it in our career or other aspects of our lives, and take things into our own hands, we will realize that we are not fully happy and contented, simply because we were impatient to wait on God. We need to have faith in God’s perfect plan and perfect timing.

Do I believe that Jesus is God – the I AM? Do I live my life in a way showing it? Do I patiently wait in faith for the Lord’s plans to unfold in my life in his perfect time, or do I take things into my own hands?

May we remember to live our lives in glory of God, and to patiently wait on Him.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...