Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Forgive from the heart

The readings today teach us about forgiveness. In the first reading and the psalm, we beg God to forgive us from our sins. We ask him to be merciful to us. We have faith that he will, because he is a merciful God, and because he loves us so much. This is concretized in the gospel. Jesus teaches his disciples how we should forgive, and how many times we should forgive.
The bible says that we all sin. Romans 3:23 says that  “All sin and fall short of the glory of God” Yes, all of us sin, and hindi lang isang beses. We sin everyday, not just when we do bad, but also when we fail to do good to other people. Remember the rich man and lazarus? (http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/03/firmly-planted-in-god.html) However, Christ always forgives us if we come to him with a humble and repentant heart – and he expects the same from us. Forgive others just as we are forgiven by Christ. Jesus says in the gospel “So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives your brother from your heart
God expects us to act. In the gospel yesterday, God wants Naaman to act for him to be healed (http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/03/just-do-it.html) Now, Jesus wants us to forgive others before He forgives us our sins. Game syang patawarin tayo, e tayo, game din bang magpatawad?
Do I find it difficult to forgive? Why? What prevents me from forgiving from my heart? Do I have issues from the past, from my childhood or from past experiences, that makes it hard for me to forgive? Do I realize that it is difficult to serve God with a heavy heart? Do I ask God to help me forgive as I ask forgiveness from Him?
Prayer:
Father God, thank you for always being ready to forgive me. I am sorry for always hurting you. Minsan, or madalas, ang kulit ko eh, paulit ulit nalang. Lord, help me to change my ways, and help me to forgive others, even if they are not asking, or could not ask for forgiveness. Help me realize, that I myself ask forgiveness all the time, and you need me to forgive others so you can forgive me as well. May I always feel and realize your love for me, and from that love, melt away all bitterness, hatred and anger from my heart, and allow me to forgive others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...