Saturday, March 17, 2012

Come, Let us return to the Lord

The first reading says a beautiful invitation! Come, let us return to the Lord! It’s good to be reminded of this, that no matter where you are, or what you’re doing, return to the Lord. Di bale kung sobrang pasaway ka na, or kung ano anon a ang ginagawa mo sa buhay mo. God will always be willing to receive you back if you come back to him with a humble, contrite and repentant heart.
The readings emphasize that God does not want just sacrifice. He wants our love more than our sacrifice. Madaling mag sacrifice, pero importante kung ano yung nasa loob ng puso natin as we sacrifice, as we serve him. We should have a repentant heart as we sacrifice, as we pray, as we serve Him.  In the gospel Jesus says that  the one who humbles himself will be exalted. We should focus on God and know our role in life, that we should be fully dependent on Him.
What is my attitude as I serve? Do I feel I am more righteous than other people, or do I realize my faults and shortcomings? Where is God in my life? Am I always ready to come back and return to the Lord?
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...