Monday, March 19, 2012

Joseph’s Faith and Simplicity

Today, we celebrate St Joseph’s solemnity. As the earthly father of Jesus, the readings today tells us more about Him
It is interesting to note that not much is written about St Joseph. However, the gospel today says that he is a righteous man, and the second reading says that he has the faith of Abraham. We see this faith in the gospel when he believed God’s message to him through his dream.
Joseph was a simple person, but a righteous one and a faith filled man. God chose him to be Mary’s earthly husband and Jesus’ earthly father. This just shows that God chooses simple people, like you and me, to serve Him mightily. It is God who equips us and works through us, so we just need to be simple, humble, and fully depend on Him do work to and through us.
How is my faith? Am I ready to be called by God, or do I have a lot of issues or concerns before I say yes?  How do I serve God? Do I always want affirmation or to be acknowledged, or am I satisfied in serving behind the scene, knowing that God sees all I do and will reward me in due time?
May we be inspired by St Joseph’s faith and simplicity as we serve God.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...