Thursday, March 29, 2012

He keeps his promises


The readings today remind me to trust in God because he keeps his promises.

The first reading shows us God telling Abram, who became Abraham, that he is to be the father of kings, and will have lots of descendants, which during that time was a sign of blessings from God. We all know that God kept his promise to Abraham. This is echoed in the psalm, The Lord remembers his covenant forever.

In the gospel, Jesus said that whoever keeps his word will never see death. Of course, this is not physical death. We will all die. However, if we seek his will and obey his word, the bible, we will be with him in eternal life. That’s living. As we live our lives, it is good to be reminded of that promise.

Do I believe God’s promises with my whole heart?  When he says he has great plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11), do I believe and wait for his perfect time, or do I take things into my own hands? Am I keeping true to my word as well?

May we always remember that God keeps his promises, especially when things are tough in our lives.

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...