Friday, March 30, 2012

Victorious God

The readings today encourages us to focus on God and what he can do.

The first reading says that yes, there will be persecution, that the enemy will try to put us down. However, God has already won the battle. We just need to call on Him as we work for him, and we need to have faith in him and his saving power. We should focus on these things, not on what the enemy will try to do to us

But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion:
my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph.
In their failure they will be put to utter shame,
to lasting, unforgettable confusion.
O LORD of hosts, you who test the just,
who probe mind and heart,
Let me witness the vengeance you take on them,
for to you I have entrusted my cause.

The psalm encourages us to call upon the Lord, and we should have faith that he will always listen to our concerns.

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and he heard my voice.
My God, my rock of refuge,
my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold!
Praised be the LORD, I exclaim,
and I am safe from my enemies

Do I know and believe that God has already won the battle, that he has triumphed over sin and death, therefore I need not be afraid of anything? Am I focusing on the enemy and not on God? Do I realize what God has done and will continue to do in my life? How can I improve my faith? How can I put the focus on Him?

May we be inspired by the readings, and reminded what God has already done. We need not fear, God is on our side.

God  bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...