Monday, March 26, 2012

Fiat!


As we celebrate Jesus Annunciation today, we are reminded of how powerful a “yes” to God is!

Mary was visited by the angel in today’s gospel. She was told she would be the mother of God. How frightening it must have been for a young girl to be told this. She was also told that the Holy Spirit will come upon her and God’s power will overshadow her and make her pregnant. There were a lot of concerns, especially as she did not understand everything that will happen and how things will happen. However, she still said yes. Fiat!

How inspiring.

The readings tell us how we can make God happy. How we should respond to God’s call. “Here I am Lord, I come to do your will”. Not our will, not our desires, but the Lord’s (see reflection http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/03/die-to-live.html ). Kahit na hindi mo gusto yung pinapagawa sayo, kahit na mahirap, we are encouraged to respond that way. That’s what will make God happy – not sacrifice or holocausts, but a heart that will readily say yes to His will.

Am I ready to give my yes to God when he calls me? What hinders me from giving my yes to Him? Do I have faith that as I give my yes, God will use me mightily for his purpose, and equip me with the things that I need to serve him? Do I believe that as I die of myself and embrace his will, nothing is really impossible?

May we always find it in our hearts to give our yes to God when he calls us, no matter how big or small a task it may be. Let us remember that God can only work mightily through us if we allow him, if we give him our yes and abandon ourselves to surrender to his will. Mary’s yes enabled God to user her mightily. Let us have faith that as God calls us and as we give our yes to him, he will equip and empower us to do the work he asked us to do.

Yes lang ng yes!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...