Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Anxious but Focused


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/041614.cfm) reminds me that like Jesus, even if we are anxious and worried, we should remain focused and keep our eyes on God.

Jesus was human as well, so he feels exactly what we are feeling. In the gospel we see that he knows the time for him to suffer and die is near. He must have felt anxious and worried at what will happen, but he remained focused on God and his perfect plan.

Sometimes, we too experience this. We are anxious and worry on things in life. Work, career, business, family, health, finances, lovelife. But Jesus invites us to be like him - keep our focus on God and continue serving Him despite the challenges and worries that we face.

What things, situations or persons in life challenge or bother me? How do I react? Do I keep my focus on God?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to love and serve you. Lord, I am sorry for the times I do not keep my focus on you. Sorry for being distracted and letting others bother me. I pray that you help me to be like Jesus, remaining faithful and keeping my focus on you despite the challenges I am facing. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...