Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Even If


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040914.cfm) makes me think if I will still love and serve God even if I do not get what I pray for.

The first reading tells us another amazing story! Imagine three men (with cool names: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) being thrown to a furnace, and eventually being saved, with God helping them. How amazing their faith is, firm whatever may happen.

If our God, whom we serve, can save us from the white-hot furnace and from your hands, O king, may he save us! But even if he will not, know, O king, that we will not serve your god or worship the golden statue that you set up.”

That's faith, and surrender.

Often times we bargain with God. Lord, grant me this prayer request and I will go to mass every friday. Lord, may I pass this important interview, and I will give 10% of my salary to the church. Lord, please give me my ideal girlfriend and I will stop playing around. We want conditions. We want to get what we want first before doing what God wants. This is the opposite of how the men acted, of how God wants us to act.

May we choose and decide to follow, serve, and love God even if he does not grant us our deepest desires and prayer requests.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another interesting and inspiring story. Lord, may I be like the three men in the first reading who decided to stand up for you regardless if you hear their prayer or not, even if it can cost them their lives. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...