Sunday, April 6, 2014

Temporary Miracle


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040614.cfm) reminds me that there are a lot of temporary miracles in our lives, but what is important is the permanent one

In the gospel, we see the story of Martha, Mary and Lazarus. He died, so when Jesus heard of it, he came to their house not to mourn with them, but bring Lazarus back to life. This is a great miracle, raising of the dead, but a temporary one. Eventually Lazarus will die. Same with last Sunday's gospel. Jesus healed a blind man, but he will eventually die.

What's more important is the permanent miracle - the salvation of our souls. Temporary miracles should lead to this. We see this in Martha. When Jesus first visited them, she was the action oriented person. But now, even if she was still action oriented (the met Jesus, not Mary), we also see her faith in Jesus. Last week, the blind man's healing should have brought him to Jesus, should have saved his soul.

There are everyday, big and small, temporary miracles in our lives. May we be aware of these, and more importantly, may this lead us to the important permanent miracle which will be effective not on this earth, but for eternity!

What are the miracles I remember in my life? How do I feel about them? Have I experienced the permanent miracle?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another Sunday. Thank you for all the love you have been giving me. Lord, I pray that I always be sensitive to your miracles in my life, but may I especially be aware and look forward to experiencing your permanent miracle for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...