Friday, April 4, 2014

Not Yet Time


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040414.cfm) reminds me that God's schedule is always perfect.

In the gospel today and in other situations, we see Jesus speaking openly but no one arrested him. Why? Because it was not yet time.

So they tried to arrest him, but no one laid a hand upon him, because his hour had not yet come.

Before, I used to think why Judas had to lead them to Jesus. They all knew who Jesus was, no one needed to tell them. They could have easily arrested him as he was speaking and preaching openly. But now I am reminded of the answer. It is not yet time. God had not yet allowed it.

In our lives, we want a lot of things to happen. Career promotion, booming business, financial independence, a good love-life. Sometimes, or oftentimes, the timing is different from what we want. Today, we are reminded that it might not yet be God's appointed time for our prayers to be answered the way we want it to. So let us just have faith and continue to love and serve God.

What things am I praying for? How do I react when I do not get them? Am I willing to wait for God's time to come or do i force things myself?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another Friday. Lord, grant me patience ad faith to wait for your perfect time, and humility to keep on serving you as I wait. Amen.

Blessed weekend!


In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...