Monday, April 14, 2014

Best For Jesus


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/041414.cfm) reminds me that Jesus appreciates us giving our best to him.

As we see in the gospel, Jesus did not stop Mary when she used an expensive oil for his feet. Not that he likes the attention, but probably a reminder for all that he wants us to give him our best, the first fruits and not just the surplus. God wants us to give him our best.

As we serve God, as we do work for Him, God wants us to give the best that we can. Our best does not necessarily have to be expensive, but it should be full of love, and offered specifically for God. We give God our best time to serve him, not just serve him during our free time or when we feel like it. We give God our best attitude as we serve him and not force ourselves into doing things just because.

God deserves our best, and as we continue to allow him to make us feel his love, we will realize that it's what he deserves.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to love and serve you. Lord, I am sorry for the times I was not able to give you my best. I love you, Lord, and I will try to always give you my best every time. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...