Sunday, April 13, 2014

Love on the Cross


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/041314.cfm) reminds me how much Jesus loves me.

As we celebrate Palm Sunday, we are reminded not only of Jesus being welcomed by people, but more importantly, of His love for us.

Today's gospel is one of the longest (if not the longest) we have. We can see a lot of things happening - his passion and death. But what struck me was how much God loves us. This is the essence of Jesus suffering and death - God's love! He suffered and died to save us from our sins. God loves us so much he sent Jesus to become man, and to die the most shameful death at that time - death on the cross. He bore our sins and died with it. And as he rose, so too will we rise again.

God's love, demonstrated by Jesus death on the cross.

How much God loves us. How much Jesus loves us and God.

May we be reminded that no matter what the world makes us feel about ourselves, God's love is constant and sees us worthy of his love and life. And may we be inspired by Jesus, who surrendered himself to God - becoming man and dying the most humiliating death. May we too, in little ways, die of ourselves and allow God to work in our lives and through our lives.

How do I see myself? Do I question my worth? Do I let the world affect the way I see myself, or is God's reminder more than enough for me? Am I willing to submit to God's plan for my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the love you let me feel. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for everything. Help me be like Jesus and surrender to you. May I be ready to die of myself and allow you to live in and through me. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...