Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stand Your Ground


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040514.cfm) reminds me that it is important that we stand our ground, especially in our faith.

A lot of times, people will question our faith. Or sometimes, the situation around us will make us question even our own faith. In the gospel we see people having different takes on who Jesus is. But what is important is that we know who he is, we know who he is in our lives, and we stick to it.

Knowing God and becoming his does not guarantee a life free of problems. However, having our faith firmly planted in him makes facing these problems easier. We just need to make a stand and always keep our faith firmly planted on Him, no matter what the situation may be or what other people may say. 

Who is God for me? Who is God in my life? Are my answers dependent on what others say or the situation around me, or am I standing my ground no matter what?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for always being there for me. Lord, I pray that you help me live a consistent life, and may your role in my life be constant always, not depending on others. May I always be able to stand my ground in faith. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...