Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Light or Dark


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/043014.cfm) reminds me that we should choose if we prefer light or darkness.

The gospel message is clear. We choose if we want to follow God or the devil. We choose if we want to be in the light or hide in darkness. The way we live our lives would tell God our decision, the path we want to follow.

If we are not ashamed of our actions, if we will not have problems with our personal activities being exposed, then most probably, we are living in the light. We are living in a way consistent with how God wants us to live. But if we live double lives, if there are activities we do that we do not want our family and others to know, then we have not yet fully committed to living in the light, and still choose darkness in some areas of our lives.

Let us examine our lives and see where we are living.

Sharing the Chorus of the song "In the Light"  may this be our prayer and goal.

I wanna be in the light
As you are in the light
I wanna shine like the stars in the heavens
Oh, lord be my light and be my salvation
Cause all I want is to be in the light
All I want is to be in the light

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for an exciting weekend. Lord, I thank you for all the blessings and opportunities, for taking good care of me. Lord, help me to always live in the light. May I live a life consistent with your ways. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...