Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Burning


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/042314.cfm) reminds me that we should always be burning with God's love.

I attended a mass a few weeks back, and the priest mentioned something in his homily that stuck to me.

"If you are not burning with God's love, you cannot inspire others"

Makes sense, right? Because truly, we cannot give what we do not have. We cannot love others and inspire others if we are not burning with God's love.

In the gospel, we see the disciples felt this. Jesus was burning with the love of God the Father, so he was able to pass this on to others.

Then they said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?”

In the first reading, we see Peter and John, burning with God's love, healing another person. Passing the love and joy to others.

As we encounter God daily, may we be sensitive to his love and pass it on to others.

How do I feel God's love in my life? What was the moment i felt God's love in my life the most? Am I burning with God's love? Am I able to share this and inspire others?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another chance to live. Lord, may I always allow you to love me. Help me feel and be sensitive to that love. As i do so, may I inspire others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...