Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sin No More


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040114.cfm) reminds me that healing is a continuous process.

The gospel shows us a story of a man healed by Jesus. He told the man to rise up and walk, and when the man obeyed him, he was healed.  When he got healed, he just left Jesus without knowing who healed him, and without even thanking Him. Further on we see Jesus telling the person to sin no more, so that nothing worse may happen. I believe he is telling us the same things as well.

Healing is a continuous process. We tell God we want to be healed or want a miracle in our lives, and do what we can to make it happen. Then we leave all else to God. However, we are warned that when we get what we pray for, it should not end there. We should continue living in the right path, else we will go worse.

As we take away the bad things or bad habits in our lives, we don't just sit there and be happy. We should proactively replace it with something good. This way, we will not only get rid of the bad, but also grow the good.

What are the things I am praying for? How has Hod helped me and changed me? What do I do after these things, do i get back to my old self, or do i improve myself? Do i know that healing and forgiveness is a process and not a one time thing?

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for the gift of new beginnings. Lord, may I always be sensitive to you. May I be ready to change my ways and work on following the process of healing, of forgiveness, of renewal. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...