Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Is God Lifted?


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/042914.cfm) makes me examine my life and see if God is lifted up.

We just finished the season of lent - of praying, reflecting and preparing ourselves to commemorate easter, Christ's resurrection and victory over sin and death. After experiencing God's love on the cross, after all the sacrifices and spiritual preparations for lent, what's next? Is God lifted up in our lives? Do we continue these things, or just go on with our usual lives and go back to these things next lent?

Things should not end on Easter Sunday. Praying, fasting and almsgiving is not for lent only. Sacrifices and spiritual preparations are not just to prepare us for easter. Lent should not be the end, rather, a springboard for our faith journey. As we experience God's love, we should always be aware to lift him up in our lives.

Is God really God in our lives? May we be ready and willing to submit to Him, die of ourselves and live in a way that pleases him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings. Thank you for loving me. Lord, I pray that I would always lift you up in my life. May I live in such a way that people will see that you are God, that you are great, so I can be a living witness for you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...