Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Father's Will


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040214.cfm) inspires and challenges me to become like Jesus, always seeking the Father's Will.

Jesus is our example of a child of God. He humbled himself and became man to save us from sin and death. He tirelessly worked to proclaim the kingdom. He prayed always. He died for us. He submitted to God's will, even if doing so means he will suffer.  All because he loved God so much!

In our lives, it is very difficult to submit to God always. We want to be in control. We want things to happen our way. We want to do things our way. However, we are reminded in the gospel that as we surrender to God's plan, he will always take care of us, protect us, and empower us. His plans are greater than what we want for ourself, but it will only come into fruition if we submit to the Father's will.

Am I ready to submit to God's will? What are the areas of my life I am yet to surrender? What prevents me from fully surrendering? What is God telling me right now?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to love and serve you. Lord, help me have the heart like Jesus, that would always be ready and willing to submit to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...