Thursday, April 3, 2014

Good with God


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040314.cfm) reminds me how important and powerful it is to be good with God.

In our culture, "Palakasan" is very rampant. People close to someone in authority usually go in between to ask for favors for someone. Though it is not always seen in a positive light, it can be something positive as we see with Moses in the first reading. God became angry with the people and wanted to punish them, but Moses, since he is good with God, pleaded with God and ask that the punishment not be carried out. This is him interceding for the people, going in between the people and God. This is him using his relationship with God for good - without ulterior motives.

We too should act like this. We should intercede for other people. We should pray for other people, without expecting anything in return from these people, and a lot of times, without these people even knowing we are praying for them. As we try to work on our relationship with God, as we try to strengthen it, we should use it to benefit not only ourselves and our loved ones, but more importantly, others even those who would not even know we are praying for them.

How is my relationship with God? Am I trying to improve and strengthen it? Do I pray for others, even if they would not commend me for it?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to love and strengthen my relationship with you. Lord, grant me the desire to strengthen my relationship with you, the will to start now, and may I use it to bless others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...