Monday, April 21, 2014

This Is The Day!


The WORD Today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/042114.cfm) reminds me that we should celebrate each day as it is a gift from God!

In the gospel, we see the women experiencing the risen Jesus. Something unexpected. A gift. And Jesus told them to proclaim the good news, that he is risen, to others.

As we celebrate Easter, this should be our task too. Proclaim Jesus to others! Celebrate his life and victory over sin and death. More importantly, celebrate and proclaim his great love for us everyday!

Admittedly, it is not easy to do so. We do not always feel happy and excited to start the day. Work. Deadlines. Requirements. Quotas. Problems. These are some things making us dread a new day. But despite all of these, may we never forget two words that overpowers these words : God's love.

What am I feeling as I wake up today? Am I excited to work and proclaim God? Or am I dreading the day and want to extend my holiday?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to love and proclaim you. Thank you for your love and greatness. May I live everyday proclaiming you to others. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...