Monday, March 31, 2014

He Believed

  
The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/033114.cfm) inspires me to have faith like the royal official.

In the gospel we see the story of the royal official asking Jesus to come to his house to heal his son. We already see his faith, traveling just to see Jesus and asking him to heal his son. However, we see how great that faith is when he believed Jesus who told him to go home because his son will live.

Wow. What a faith! So Inspiring.

Nowadays, it's hard to believe someone just on the basis of words spoken. We want a written document. We want proof. We want to be sure.

That's something we do not need with Jesus. We can count on his word. When he says he has great plans for us, he definitely has. When he says he will heal us, he definitely will. When he says his love endures forever, it definitely does. When he says we can do anything through him, we definitely can.

We may be in a similar situation with the royal official. There is something we are praying for. Let us come to God in faith, and believe him when he answers us, especially when, like the royal official, we do not yet see the confirmation of our prayers come into fruition.

What am I praying for right now? What is God's answer to me? Do I believe his word - the bible? Or do I first want to see or experience a proof or sign from him before I believe?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the gift of life.  Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another year. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, I pray that you help me have faith like the royal official. May I always have faith in you and your Word and your plans for me, even if I may not yet see or feel it in my life. Continue to surprise me, and use me for your kingdom. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...