Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sword of the WORD

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/030914.cfm) reminds me how powerful God's word is.

It is a very amazing and incredible thought that the old testament we know now is the same Scripture Jesus used and preached about when he was still living. Exactly the same. How amazing is that?! And we see in the gospel how powerful it is, and how important knowing the Scripture is.

In Spiritual Warfare (Ephesians 6:10-20) the only offensive weapon is the sword of the spirit, and we see Jesus using that.

After fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, Jesus was tired and hungry, and like us, most susceptible to temptation. The devil knows that, that's why he was tempted during that time. And there we see the importance of knowing the WORD of God to fight the enemy. With every temptation, Jesus fought it with God's word. Amazing.

God's word is very powerful. It gives us comfort and consolation in times of need and despair and problems, and strength to fight the enemy in times of temptation. The bible is very accessible to us. We just need to find it in our hearts to read it and understand it.

Do i have a bible? Do i use it? Do i read it? What hinders me from studying and soaking myself in prayer and in the bible? How can i improve and strengthen my spiritual life, my spiritual sword?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, I pray that you always keep me in your love. Help me love you and thirst for you like Jesus does. May I do what I can to get to know you more so that I can strengthen my spiritual life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...