Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yes Lord


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032514.cfm) makes me think of how I react when God asks me to do something.

It is not easy serving God. Almost always, we are taken out of our comfort zones. Our schedules and plans will change. That is why  it is not always an immediate yes when God calls us.

Today we celebrate the feast of the Annunciation, and in the gospel we see Mary's Fiat - her yes to God's plan for her and the whole mankind. It was definitely a surprise. She probably had other plans. And it was different, she was to bear a child without having relations with a man! Unheard of! But Mary said yes, and the rest is history.

In our lives, God calls us to do different things. These things are usually not within our schedules and our plans. But may we be inspired by Mama Mary, who despite how different or challenging God's task for us is, she still said yes. May we echo her words and the words of the psalmist - here I am Lord, I come to do your will. I am your servant, be it be done to me according to your Word.

In what ways am I being called to serve God? How do I respond to his call? What things do I consider before saying yes to him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Lord, I am sorry for the times I say no to your call for me to serve. Give me a ready and willing heart to serve you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...