Thursday, March 6, 2014

Daily Decision


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/030614.cfm) reminds me that following God is a daily decision.

Sharing an excerpt of the gospel:

“If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me..."

Following God is not a one time decision.

Not just because you attended or served in a retreat or just because you volunteered for an outreach activity, you're doing very good already. That's a good act, but God wants more from us. God wants consistency. God wants everyday actions and decisions to follow him in little and big ways. Big in terms of doing good, choosing what is right, surrendering to his will, and even small, often neglected things like throwing trash in the proper disposal, obeying traffic and pedestrian rules, and just being patient with others around us.

Everyday decisions, everyday actions - big and small, all for God's glory. All as different ways of taking up our cross and following God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings you constantly give me. Lord, I pray that you help me live for you everyday. May my big, and especially my little, seemingly insignificant actions and decisions, be my sign of love for you and a form of taking up my cross to follow you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...