Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Repent


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031214.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to repent.

The first reading tells us the story of Jonah, and how God, after the people repented, changed his mind on the punishment. The psalmist reminds us that God wants a contrite and humble heart. And the gospel further tells us that Jesus wants us to repent because of Him. Well, this must mean he is serious when he tells us he wants us to repent.

God is a loving God. He is a forgiving God. And no matter how big or grave our sin is, he is always ready and willing to forgive. His love and forgiveness is bigger than our sins. We just need to be truly sorry, to repent, and humble ourselves to come to him.

As we go into lent, let us make the most out of the sacrament of reconciliation and repent of our sins.

When was the last time I went to confession? What prevents me from repenting, from being right with God? What sins do i need to release from my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for the reminder. Lord, I pray that I may be able to make the most out of the sacrament of reconciliation. May I have a humble and contrite heart. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...