Saturday, March 22, 2014

He Ran


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032214.cfm) reminds me how loving and forgiving God is.

The gospel is one of the common story that we know - the Parable of the Prodigal Son. Today, what struck me was how loving the Father is. Imagine, after getting all inheritance and spending it, he still welcomed back the son home. He ran to the son, even if he still have not heard the son asking for forgiveness. He just ran to assure the son of his love and forgiveness. He also pleaded with his older son to go inside the house. He did not ignore the son or got mad at him for acting up. He again showed his love.

This is how God is in our lives. No matter how much we sin and hurt him, he will come running to meet us when he sees even the smallest hint of us asking from forgiveness and coming back to Him.

His love for us is greater than our sins.

In what ways do i behave like the son - hurting and disrespecting my father? What were the times i felt God running to meet me? How can i love God more?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Lord I pray that you be with me in a special way today. Guide ma, be with me, fill me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...