Saturday, March 15, 2014

Goodness and Justice

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031514.cfm) reminds me that God is good and just.

The readings today seem to contradict each other. The first reading and psalm exhorts us to follow God and obey his commandments. However in the gospel, we see that God makes the sun shine on both the good and the bad. So why be good, right?

God is a good God, but he is also a just one.

God's blessings does not mean his tolerance. Just because he blesses you doesn’t mean he is okay with your wicked lifestyle. As Jesus said, the time will come when the master will gather all his harvest, and he will separate the good and the bad. The day will come when the good will be rewarded, and the bad condemned, so we just have to continue doing good and patiently and joyfully wait for the masters coming.

How do I live my life? Do I envy evil and prosperous people? Do I question God's goodness? What is God telling me today?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for always reminding me how much you love me. Lord, help me live a good life - a life pleasing to you, a life lived according to your ways. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

PS
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...