Saturday, March 29, 2014

Love, not Sacrifice

  
The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/032914.cfm) reminds me what God wants from me - my love, not sacrifices for Him.

In the first reading, we see that God wants love, not sacrifice. In the gospel, we see Jesus emphasizing that he is not pleased with sacrifices if not done out of love. The psalmist further echoes this.

God wants us to love him, more than anything else.

Things not done out of love is not done for God. We can help other people, do good things, sacrifice a lot of things, but if these things are not done out of love, it is not done for Jesus, but for oneself. Our hearts should be in the proper disposition as we do things for Him. More than the actual actions, good works and sacrifices we do for God, what's important is our heart when we do these things.

What things do I do for God? What do I feel as I do these things? Is my heart in the proper disposition as I do these things? Do I offer it out of love for God?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Lord, give me the energy to serve you and give you my all this weekend. May everything I do this weekend be done out of love for you. May my actions be pleasing to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...