Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Greatest


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032614.cfm) reminds me what I should do to be great in God's eyes.

Jesus said this in the gospel today.

But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the Kingdom of heaven.”

God's ways are not our ways. He does not look at our accomplishments on earth. It does not matter to him whether we are rich or powerful. These things do not make us great in his eyes. Rather, humility and submission to him makes us great. Obey his commandments. Be humble and submit to him. But it does not end there. We should also teach this to others. Bring others to him. Proclaim him, not by words, but by how we live our lives.

It is easy to get caught up in the world. The thirst for success, fame, power, money and influence takes our hearts away from what truly matters. May we be sensitive and willing to do what God asks us to do.

What is the basis of greatness for me? How do I find God's definition of what a great person should be? What is God telling me today?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to live for you. Lord, I pray that you help me have a clear vision of what is important in life, of how I should live my life. May I be ready and willing to submit to you, and work to bring others to you by the way I live my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...