Thursday, May 22, 2014

Complete


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052214.cfm) reminds me that only God can complete us.

One of the more famous romantic movie line is from Jerry Maguire. Three simple words: You complete me. A lot of people can relate to this, both hopeless romantics and not... Because most people feel incomplete and are looking for something or someone to complete them.

In the gospel, we see who can complete us: Jesus. Our hearts are restless until they rest in Jesus. No matter how successful, rich, famous and powerful we are, if we don't have Jesus in our lives, we will never feel complete.

Corny but true.

The world cannot satisfy us. We would always be wanting for more. For what others have. For what else we want. Only God can fill us with joy and peace that completes us, that satisfies our soul.

Let us allow God to fill and complete our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for thursdays. Thank you for all the blessings you have in store for me today. Lord, I am sorry for the times I seek joy elsewhere. Sorry for the times I seek comfort and consolation in the world. I know that the world cannot satisfy me, Lord. So I ask you to fill me up and complete my life, so I may be able to give back to you through others. Amen.

Blessed thursday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...