Saturday, May 17, 2014

In Jesus' Name


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051714.cfm) reminds me that Jesus name is very powerful.

Jesus name is very powerful. In the bible it says that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, and under the earth. (Philippians 2:10). Saying Jesus name is also the simplest way of praying (CCC 2668).

In the gospel today, we see Jesus telling us how powerful his name is.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”

However, his name is not magic. We cannot expect that saying his name will grant us whatever wish we have. His name is not something you can blackmail God for. We should have faith as we say his name. We should have a good relationship with him as we pray in his name. We should have one goal - to glorify God, not ourselves, as we ask in his name. Then as it is in accordance to God's plans, what we ask for will be given us.

May we always remember how simple yet so powerful Jesus name is. And make it our simple yet effective prayer.

How do I treat Jesus name? Do I treat it with reverence, or has it become a normal name r expression for me? Do I pray and ask in Jesus name?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for your love and your name. Thank you for a simple yet very powerful prayer - Jesus. May I always be reminded of your great love and power through Jesus name. In a special way we ask that you welcome in your kingdom all the souls of our beloved, and may you comfort and strengthen the family they have left behind. In Jesus name, Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...