Saturday, May 24, 2014

Warning

  
The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052414.cfm) reminds me that a life in service of Christ is not easy.

We usually hear of Christ's promises as we follow him. The rewards for faithful servants and workers in his vineyard. However, today we see him reminding us that it will not be an easy task.

"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember the word I spoke to you, ‘No slave is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you"

As followers of Christ, we are not of the world, so we will not enjoy the things given to children of the world. We will experience challenges and persecutions as we go against the world in following Christ. This is not meant to scare or dishearten us, rather, to warn us. And when we actually experience it, to encourage us as we are being assured that we are doing God's work as we experience worldly challenges.

The more we experience challenges, the more God will use his power to keep us going. May we just remain faithful.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, I pray that I be able to faithfully do your work as I live my life on earth. May you be glad and be glorified. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...