Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Discern


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052714.cfm) reminds me how important it is to discern God's will, especially when it seems obvious or in our favor.

A lot of us ask for signs from God, especially when we are going through something or deciding on something. Lord, if you want me to move to another job, send a yellow butterfly in my window tomorrow morning. Lord, if you want me to say yes to my suitor, let him give me white roses on Tuesday. Or if someone is going through a tough time financially, and sees a bag full of cash left in the washroom, one may say that Lord, thank you, this might be your gift for me, the answer to my prayers.

Good thing Paul did not ask for signs in the first reading.

As they were imprisoned, they still worshipped God. And when God came, opened the doors and unlocked their chains, they could have viewed it as God's helping hand in letting them escape, they're doing his work anyway. However, if they did escape, the guard would have killed himself and he and his household would not have been saved.

We need to know how to discern God's will in situations. God's will is not only what is good for us, but probably it is more for others. By constant prayer, worshipping and praising God, we are sure we are aligned with God, we are in synch with His heart, and we would be able to discern what God wants us to do, especially when it is not the most favorable for us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to love. Lord, help me always be good with you. May my heart always beat next to yours, so that in every situation, be it big or small, I may seek your will, regardless or not if it is the most favorable one for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...