Friday, May 16, 2014

No Fear


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051614.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to have no fear as we face life's challenges.

One of Manny Pacquiao's sponsors is the brand No Fear. They say this is his battlecry - no fear, as he faces opponents. He believes in this as he faces opponents - in the boxing ring and in the bigger arena of life. In fact, one documentary he made in 2004 is entitled No Fear: The Manny Pacquiao story.

This is also what Jesus told his disciples in the gospel today. No need to fear.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me."

As Jesus assured his disciples in the gospel to have no fear, he too is assuring us that we should have no fear as we face life's challenges. There is no need for us to be troubled. God is on our side, and he is watching over us. God is bigger than our problems, so we just have to have faith in Him - his word, power and his love for us.

Times may be tough, but we should not fear, because God is on our side.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for all the blessings. Thank you for all the challenges. Thank you for reminding me that there is no reason for me to be afraid. Life is challenging. Problems may be big. But I know that you are bigger than my problems, that you are more powerful than difficult situations in my life. I trust in you Lord. I have faith in your love, power and goodness. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...