Monday, May 12, 2014

Love 'til Death


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051214.cfm) reminds me that God loves us so much.

I attended a wedding two weeks ago, and the priest's homily struck me. He said that it is 'foolish' in the worldly sense to get into marriage. A husband should be ready to die to protect his wife. Literally. Crazy, right? To step out of the comfort zone and not think only of oneself.

This is what Jesus is telling us in today's gospel. He repeated three times that he was willing to die for us. And he did. Nobody took his life. Nobody forced him to. He just surrendered and died to save us, so that we may live.

Christ is true to his word. When he says he loves us, it is true and he was able to prove it. And until now, he still continues to prove it to us, everyday as we are given the gift of life. No matter how the world makes us feel, Christ's love is unchanging. And we are reminded of it, and as we feel and realize it, may it cause us to love him back through others.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to feel and experience your love. Thank you lord, even if a lot of times I take your love for granted. Sorry that I don't appreciate your love. May you never get tired of loving me and of reminding me of your love, and as I I feel your love, may I always be ready and willing to love you through others, especially the least, the last, and the lost....even when it is uncomfortable to do so. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...