Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Remain In Him


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052114.cfm) reminds me how we need to be connected and rooted in Christ.

A tree cannot bear fruit if disconnected from the root.

Makes sense? Root in this context refers to not just the physical root of the tree, but the root of life and fruit of the tree - the nutritious soil.

In the gospel, we see Jesus repeating multiple times: I am the vine, you are the branches. Remain in me so you will bear fruit. Multiple times. And if repeats it a lot of times, we know that he is serious. So we should listen.

No act, no matter how simple, is futile, if done out of love for God. No matter how simple we think our actions are, if it is rooted in Christ, then it will bear fruit. In the same way, nothing grand will bear real fruit if not done rooted in Christ. Worldly success and actions are very temporary. Eternal are the ones with Christ in it.

May we know which one to do.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Lord, I know that my actions will only bear real fruit if done out of love for you, if my actions are rooted in you. Help me to always be. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...