Wednesday, May 7, 2014

No Rejection


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/050714.cfm) reminds me that God does not reject anyone that comes to Him.

Rejection is such a difficult and hurtful feeling. Men feel so depressed after being rejected by the woman they like. People feel down and sad when rejected by the company they want to get into. Students feel it too when rejected by the school they want to enter. Rejection makes people think twice about trying again, since they don't want to experience the feeling of hurt or depression being rejected brings.

God knows this. That's why in the gospel we are reminded he does not reject anyone.

Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me

Yes, he does not reject anyone. In the first reading, we see Saul persecuting christians big time. He went from house to house to get and persecute christians. However, God did not despise him. In fact, he called Saul to serve him, and when Saul came to his senses, God did not reject him, instead, used him to proclaim His kingdom.

As we live our lives, we are reminded that we too will never be rejected by God. As we come to him in the sacrament of reconciliation, he always forgives us as long as we come to him fully repentant. No matter how sinful we are and how much we hurt him, he will never reject us if we come to him. And as he accepts us, he calls us to serve him like Saul. If we say yes to serve Him, God will use us mightily.

What are the rejections in my life that have hurt me deeply? Do i ask God to heal me from those hurts? In what ways have i hurt God? Do I come to him for forgiveness?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to be forgiven. Lord, I am sorry for my sins and for continuing to hurt you. I come to you deeply repentant, and i know you will never reject me as I humbly and repentantly come to you. As I do, use me Lord to glorify you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...