Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Order to Love


The WORD Today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051414.cfm) reminds me that God commanded us to love each other.

In today's gospel, we see Jesus telling us twice that we are commanded to love each other. It says:

"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
.
.
.
This I command you: love one another.”

If he says it twice, he must really be serious! And it is not a request or a favor. It is a commandment. That we should love one another.

He commanded us to love one a other. Not just to love him. Our love for God should be lived as we love one another - especially those unlovable. It is easy to love family and friends, those who have been good to you. But God did not say to just love those easy to love. In the same way he died for us, we too should also die of our desires and allow God to love others through us.

Loving one another does not always entail pain or sacrifice. We can love others by not joining people who treat an annoying or weird person badly. We can love others by sharing our food to those who does not have much. We can love others by lending a listening ear to a friend who is depressed and lonely. Simple things, done out of love, become great actions.

Who does God want me to love in a personal way today? How can I love him/her? What is Jesus telling me about love?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to love. Lord, help me love others because I love you. In my own little way, may I remind them of your love. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...