Saturday, May 3, 2014

Enough for Everyone

  
The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/050314.cfm) reminds me that Jesus has love and power enough for everyone.

Sharing an excerpt of the first reading:

that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures; that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters at once,

How powerful Jesus is. We all know he rose from the dead to save us. But not all of us know what he did after that. He appeared to his disciples, walked through closed doors, and here he appeared to more than five hundred people at once! How cool is that?! However, More than that, how powerful and loving he is!

In the same way he appeared to hundreds of people at once, he also takes care of us all at once. It's as if he is telling us that a dedicated Jesus is always with us, guiding us, protecting us, and ready to hear us, ready to talk to us! How amazing! How assuring that we have a God like that, making us feel special and loved.

In the Eucharist we see a glimpse of this, when his body and blood is readily available, not to be consumed by us, but for us to be consumed by him! He is present, always, at Eucharist, and is waiting for us. May we be reminded of the great privilege of the Eucharist and make the most out of it.

Who is God to me? Do I have a personal relationship with Him? Do I feel his love and presence in my life? Do I believe when he says that he is with me always?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to love, and be loved by you. Thank you for your great and personal love and power. Lord, may I always feel you in my life, may I always allow you to come and make me feel you, and may I do my best and allow you to consume me. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...