Monday, May 5, 2014

From the Inside


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/050514.cfm) reminds how important it is to be deeply rooted in God.

The bible says that "out of the goodness of the heart, the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45) it sums up the message to me of today's readings.

In the gospel, we see how peaceful and one with God Stephen is. No matter how bad the situation is, no matter how many lies other people say about him, his face is still peaceful like an angel. That's how deep his faith is. Calm amidst the storm.

In the gospel, when people asked how to accomplish the work of God, he told them to believe in the one whom God sent. That's it. He did not tell them to do good works, to pray, to fast, or anything. He asked them to believe in the one God sent. Why? Because if we truly believe in Jesus, we will let him enter our lives. If we truly believe in Jesus, we will do his command to love and serve God through others. If we truly believe in Jesus, we will let him change us to submit to God's will. If we truly believe in Jesus, we will let him enter deep into our hearts, and change us, and that change will manifest in our lives.

May we be inspired to keep things simple, and allow God to go deep in our hearts.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, as I start the week, may I be motivated to start to allow you to enter deep in my heart and in my life. As you do so, change me, so that the change may overflow in my actions and show in my life. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...