Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Not Giving Up


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052014.cfm) reminds me that we should never give up in times of hardships.

You reach success when you overcome challenges.

This is what I believe, and this is what St Paul did, as we see in the first reading. He is regarded as one of, if not the greatest evangelist. However, he did not have it easy. We see people stoning him in the first reading. Yet, he knew this was necessary, or normal as we do God's work, for Christ himself experienced these challenges and sufferings.

“It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God.”

Life is not easy, but is manageable. May we never give up, hang on to God, and do our best as we live our lives and as we do God's work. And have faith that eventually, we will reach success in spreading and building God's kingdom.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for the reminder to be steadfast. Lord, thank you for the challenges that keep me strong, and remind me that I am in the right direction. Give me strength in times of challenges, and be with me as I reach success for you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...