Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stolen

  
The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051314.cfm) reminds me that we will never be stolen from God's hands.

An excerpt of the gospel:

“No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand.”

Unlike worldly things and accomplishments that can easily be stolen, we cannot be stolen from God's hands. No matter what the devil does, he cannot force us out of God's hands. He can tempt us all he wants, but he cannot force us into sin.

Reassuring, right?

No one and nothing can steal us out of God's hands. However, only we ourselves can decide to move out of God's hands. If we give in to temptation, if we follow the ways of the world, if we choose sin over God, then it is us who are choosing to move out of God's hands.

Nobody can force us out of God's hand. Nobody can steal us. The decision to remain or move out is ours.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to work and do my best for you. Thank you for the assurance that nothing and no one can take me out of your hands! But Lord, I also ask for strength and wisdom to always choose you, to always decide to stay in you, and live that decision. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...