Sunday, May 25, 2014

No Orphan


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052514.cfm) reminds me that with Christ as our Father, we will never feel and never be orphans.

The gospel today reminds us of Jesus' promise.

"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

How reassuring. In this world, a lot are changing. People change their minds and attitudes. Nothing is constant. Loyalty is only to oneself. We see it very evident in Politics, where former allies and best friends turn against each other to protect oneself. We see this in the workplace when a friend suddenly stabs you at the back just to look good on the boss. These things make us feel alone or helpless - like orphans. But Jesus tells us otherwise.

As long as we remain in Him, and do his will, we will never be orphans. Christ himself promised us this. He will always be with us. No matter how much the world pushes us down, his love will always accompany us and bring us up. We just have to trust in him and be faithful, especially during challenging times.

When was the last time I felt alone and helpless? How did God help me? What did I learn about God's love, power a protection? Do I believe his word when he says we will never be orphans?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another sunday. Thank you for your promise and assurance that we will never be orphans. Thank you that in Mass, you assure us physically through Eucharist that you are always with us and in us. Lord, may I always remain faithful to you and may my faith be unwavering, especially during times of challenges. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...